On Thu, May 10, 2007 10:52 am, Zdenek Sekera wrote:
>> > It would be great if you would consider what I and others have
>> > written, then make a proposal with what you think.
>>
>> Thanks for the feedback!  My "proposal" is basically what I said
>> yesterday - that we follow some sort of schedule and make some
>> decisions.  I like your suggestions.  What does everyone else think?
>
> Sounds very good, go for it as per Gene's suggestion.
> Nothing will get done otherwise, unless somebody knowledgable
> really starts. Good luck!

For the record, a couple of very knowledgeable people have already done
most of the hard work.  For examples, we have a collection of conversion
scripts already:

* http://vimtips.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/scripts/

The only part that really remains is the part that requires some sort of
consensus, albeit small.  So yes, a lot of work by very talented people
has been done already.  The remaining work is actually pretty small; it
just requires a small amount of agreement.

Also, I really don't think that this project suffers from bureaucratic
overkill or the lack of talented individuals who can do a lot of great
work in a very short amount of time.  The reason why everything's been
moving so slowly so far is due to a lack of organization in my opinion.

I'll try and do my part, and if a few other people can pitch in a few
minutes every couple of days or so, I think we'll be done soon.

Thanks!

Tom Purl