Am Mittwoch, den 09.05.2007, 10:33 -0500 schrieb Tom Purl:
> I wasn't aware of this, and it's definitely a problem.  Here's what I
> propose we do:

First, im not sure about what you mean by a) "formatting standard" and
b) a "script that supports the standard"

is a) something like a template in mediawiki-speak? see:
   http://home.comcast.net/~gerisch/MediaWikiTemplates.html
   http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Templates

is b) something that reads the tips-db on vim.org and posts it to the
wiki?

Everything else is agreed and appreciated :-)

Seb.

PS: When writing this mail I got my hands dirty on the scratchpad of
wikia.com:
http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/VimTest
http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Tip

PPS: There are extensions for mediawiki that could be useful:

To supply a HTML-Form to submit a tip:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Inputbox

To order a list of pages by "popularity"
http://semeb.com/dpldemo/index.php/Manual

Both are installed on wikia.org