Ehehe never mind about this, I had no idea this would stir everyone up.

I consider it fairly normal for list archives to be offered in mbox format
(ex. Lua and Template Toolkit and 5 million others) and like to keep them
around, since I can just drop them right into local folders in thunderbird
 for searching. Especially handy for offline, and for not having to rely
on someone's frontend to search the archives for difficult to find things,
that I know are buried someplace in the archive.

Looking at the commands I can issue to the listmanager, looks like I can
whip out something that will make me an archive so all good.

thanks for your offer though AJ.

A.