Hi!

On Tue, 29 May 2007, Axel Kielhorn wrote:
>  Am 29.05.2007 um 05:00 schrieb [EMAIL PROTECTED]:
> > Slightly Off-topic, but I'm still wondering why
> > bottom-posting is prefered on Vim Mainling List.
> >
> > As far as I know, most e-mail clients defaults to top-posting
> > (i.e. replied message shows before the original message),
>
>  So far I have only met one e-mail client that forces the user
>  to top-post.  Its use leads to page long full quotes even
>  after a few iterations. Since you top-post, you never see what
>  has already accumulated.

Also it encourages lazyness: by not needing to find the spot
where one would answer the original poster. If I can't even be
bothered to find said spot, why should I trim what's irrelevant?

> > and I personally feel top-posting much much easier to read
> > than bottom-posting.
>
>  This only works for the "One question, one answer" type of
>  mails.

And even then, I find it very counter-intuitive. Even if there's
just one question, one answer, it's order is reversed. One might
see that differently in those cultures, where text is written
from the bottom up. Not that I'd know of such a culture.

Regards,
Tobias

PS: On another note: how do you (as in y'all) feel about somebody
re-arranging your text when quoting you? I guess the simple parts
(everything for example gw} does) are okay with just about
everyone. But what about the order of points made?
--
In the future, everyone will be anonymous for 15 minutes.