Friedrich Strohmaier-3 wrote:

> Hi madiyaan, *,
>
> madiyaan schrieb:
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>This isn't very related to Vim, but I found this font on Vim's
>> wikipedia webpage:
>>
>>http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8c/Vim-%28logiciel%29console.png
>
>>Can anyone identify this font for me?
>
> It's called "console" and I'm using it every day.
>
>>It looks very good for programming.
>
> Oh, it *is*! :o))
>
> But as you read: tastes are different ;o))
> It works fine here in my linux environment.
>
> regards
> --
> Friedrich
>
> Schöne Grüße von der Schwäbischen Alb

I am sorry for reviving this thread. Thank you for the various responses.
This font is definitely not FixedSys as someone else also pointed out (if
you look closely, the 'q' has a little horizontal bar below it, while
FixedSys does not).

I searched a lot on "Console" font, but couldn't find a place to download
it. I am using Windows XP and it doesn't have this font with it by default.
I am hoping it should be free since it comes with the default installation
of Linux. Can anyone please point to me where to download it from?

Regards,