Hi,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but my belief is that Vim does not support the
clipboard on the Mac.

I'm wondering what would be involved in adding this capability to Vim.

I recently adapted some example code of Apple's to create 'pbcopy_utf8'
and 'pbpaste_utf8', which, you guessed it, basically perform the
functions of 'pbcopy' and 'pbpaste' but with UTF8 rather than Macroman
encoding. (If anybody knows a website where it would be useful to post
these, I would be very happy to provide them and their source--the
reason I wrote them is that a quick Google didn't seem to turn up
anything that people found all that reliable or that I liked all that
much for these purposes.)

Since I now have some kind of understanding of the concepts involved, I
wondered whether it would be easy for me to contribute by adding the
functionality to Vim--perhaps even to be available only when
'encoding=utf8', which would be better than nothing!

Could someone with a bit of experience with the Vim codebase and
development process give me some pointers/advice?

Ben.