Hi, Björn,

> No, there is no official MacVim.app release yet (only binary
> snapshots)...I am still fixing bugs and implementing missing features.
> That being said, it works fairly well and supports some features that
> the Carbon port does not.  Please try it out and let me know why/if it
> is not suitable for you (I am curious as to why you'd prefer the GTK
> version over MacVim on a Mac).  Feature request/bug reports can be
> posted to the vim_mac group.

As I mentioned in my other email on vim-dev, I prefer the terminal
version for such things as being able to suspend my session. MacVim's
implementation of :shell isn't bad, though, so a little of that
functionality is there. Not enough for me to prefer the GUI to the
terminal, though.

The preference of GTK over MacVim is due to the struggle I have had
trying getting Hebrew to work properly in MacVim (and Terminal.app and
the Carbon GUI). I haven't succeeded in any of those. But I have
succeeded in the GTK GUI and in xterm. I wonder how it goes in the
Windows GUI--I will have to have a look when I am at work tomorrow.

If we could get that fixed (Hebrew working properly in MacVim), I would
definitely prefer it to the GTK GUI or xterm. And indeed, if that were
fixed, I may well start using MacVim more regularly for editing other
files, too, as it would be already open.

I still expect I would do most work in terminal Vim, though, as it is
really my preference, and ideally it would work with the Mac clipboard.

Cheers,

Ben.