Hello,

I've been using VIM for the past three years and have seen my vocabulary
of commands increase steadily.  It's amazing how with three or four key
strokes I can do stuff that would take me minutes in dumb text editors
or smart editors that I am not fluent with.  I was reminded of my
experience with another windows application (Excel) where I can hit
<Alt>-e-s-e-v-<Enter>, for instance, to paste transposed values from
source cells.  No "chord" is necessary here by the way.
***I learned that by hitting the keys one at a time and looking to see
what my options were from where I was.***  The Alt key highlights the
menu bar, e opens the edit bar where I see Paste Special has the
accelerator key of s.  The Paste Special dialog comes up with
accelerator keys e for transpose and v for values and finally Enter for
finish the command.
Can we do this with VIM?  If I press the g key, I'd like to see a
listing in an unobtrusive place of what other keys would accomplish
following it.  I believe this would greatly accelerate the learning of
commands in VIM, thus its adoption by new users.

I didn't find any similar feature request from my cursory search.  What
do you think?

-Brian