On Sun, 8 Jun 2008, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

> Please check if this works correctly:
>
>       echo 0.9999999999999999999999999999999999
>
> The result should be "1.000000".

Works fine for me.  (RedHat based Linux system.)

> Let's give this some testing.

So far the only issue I encountered was a warning when Vim loaded the
NERD_commenter plugin:

  Error detected while processing ~/.vim/plugin/NERD_commenter.vim:
  line    4:
  E806: using Float as a String
  E15: Invalid expression: 2.1.11

The offending line being:

  let s:NERD_commenter_version = 2.1.11

This variable isn't used anywhere in the script, and I can't imagine a
version string of "2111" being all that useful (or reliable for any
kind of version checking matching).  I simply added quotes around it
and everything was fine.

I found another plugin written by the same author (NERD_tree) and
examined it, and it has the following line, unmodified:

  let s:NERD_tree_version = '2.9.0'

So I don't this error should be counted against the latest
implementation of floating point patch.

> If there are no serious problems I plan to add this in Vim 7.2
> (whenever that is ready).

Perhaps when this year's GSoC is done?

- Christian

--
                  Support FREE software.  Write it yourself.
Christian J. Robinson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> -- http://infynity.spodzone.com/