Christian Michon wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 12:45 PM, Bram Moolenaar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Adding another system won't solve the CVS problems.  Can't just drop CVS
> > right now, many people are using it.
> >

> I would not add it. I would use it to replace them all (I'm too
> supportive with git, I know...)
>
> using CVS with writing commit access ? if yes, I'd understand, but I
> guess the answer is no (most commits on vim7 are from "vimboss").
> if I recall well, you prefer receiving patches.
>
> Or are they using it only to grab the latest snapshot ? in that case,
> providing access to a snapshot through a simple web based interface
> would change so much their habits. Just look at github.com or
> repo.or.cz to be convinced.

Can someone use Git without installing any software?  If yes, then we
might be able to replace other methods.  If no, then lots of people will
prefer to stay with what they already have installed.

I know Git has advantages for developers, but for someone who just wants
to sync to the latest version CVS works quite well.

--
Warning label on a superhero Halloween costume:
"Caution: Cape does not enable user to fly."