On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 08:22:08PM +0200, Christian MICHON wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 8:13 PM, James Vega <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > For the "upstream" branch I maintain in my git repository for the Debian
> > package, I have a script which simply applies Bram's patches with the
> > patch command and then constructs commit messages based on the short
> > description from the README file on the ftp server and the block
> > description in the actual patch.
> >
> > --
>
> yes, this is what I do too (for many years). It's frustrating to find
> out git does not swallow all types of patches.
>
> Thanks for the explanations. Apparently, we use a similar approach to
> build a git repo. Is yours already available somewhere ?

Yes, it's available at git.debian.org[0].  update-patches[1] is the script I
use.  Lines 55-65 are the parts that update the upstream branch and the rest
is just to ease the process of keeping the Debian branches updated.

[0] - http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-vim/vim.git
[1] -
http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-vim/vim.git;a=blob;f=debian/update-patches;hb=HEAD
--
James
GPG Key: 1024D/61326D40 2003-09-02 James Vega <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>