Richard Hartmann wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 16:22, Charles Campbell
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>> The only criticism I could make of MH's patch, and perhaps I'm just
>> ignorant of how to do it -- but I rather like the plugin's different
>> colorization of previous vs future relative numbers, and would like it
>> if the relative numbering patch would provide something similar.
>>

> Can you explain how exactly that works? I never really tried the
> plugin, only the patch, but I like that, at least.

:hi HL_RltvNmbr_Minus    gui=none ctermfg=yellow   ctermbg=black
guifg=yellow   guibg=black

would change the negative relative numbers to not-italic, yellow on
black.  Typically most filetypes clear the syntax before setting up
their highlighting, so putting lines such as the above in .vimrc,
.vim/after/plugin, etc doesn't work.  Putting it in
.vim/after/syntax/[FILETYPE].vim files would.  My preferred solution
would be to use autocmds.  Putting the following line in
.vim/after/plugin works:

au FileType * hi HL_RltvNmbr_Minus    gui=none ctermfg=yellow
ctermbg=black guifg=yellow   guibg=black

Probably should put that idea into the RltvNmbr.vim help.
> Do I assume correctly that there is no clean way to check for the
> existance of the patch at run-time, yet? I would love to adopt my
> keybindings depending on if the patch is applied or not.

I'll leave the answer to that to Markus Heidelberg.

Regards,
Chip Campbell