sorry that I posted my previous email twice.

thanks for the answer, but I knew that it was possible to achieve the same
by redirecting, but that is not the same.
The main problem is that redirecting to a window, destroys the window
layout. Ok, one could write more complicated
scripts to store the layout, but things would get much more complicated...

On the other side, if I reason like that I can say that lists do not have
any role. Anything could be redirected,
so why to have the lists at all?

I was trying to mention that with some extra functionality in my opinion the
lists would be more powerful.

I will look at the code and try find out, maybe it is trivial to
implement...


mobi



On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 7:27 PM, Nazri Ramliy <[email protected]> wrote:

>
> On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 11:55 PM, mobi phil <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Usecase1... in my daily work it is always interesting to go back to old
> > messages... I have a keyboard shortcut for the messages list (ctrl
> _lm)...
> > but here the story ends. What I would love to do is to be able to search
> in
> > this list.
>
> You can extend your keyboard shortcut so that it redirects the output
> of :messages to a register, then open a new window or tab, then paste
> the content of that register.
>
> :redir @a
> :messages
> :redir END
> <open a new window or tab, then paste content of "a>
>
> nazri
>
> >
>

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message from the "vim_dev" maillist.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Raspunde prin e-mail lui