On 22.05.2009, at 11:20, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

> Here is a new patch that hopefully fixes both the crash and the leaks.
> It's a bit tricky, but I think this catches all situations.
> Please verify.
>
> Note that with your script one needs to wait a few moments before
> exiting to give the garbage collector a chance.

LGTM. Thanks for taking a look at this.

I ran the offending script with and without this patch under valgrind,
the patch seems to remove the double free without introducing a memory
leak. Should there be a testcase for this in the test files?

Nit: garbage_collect() now contains a single step labeled "1." --
perhaps get rid of the number?

Nico