On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 4:22 AM, Jordan Lewis <jordanthele...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This should be a relatively easy fix, if the desired behavior is to have all
> of the symlinks associate to the same undo file as the target. Same story
> for hard links.

No it's not quite the same story for hard links, because, well, hard link is
a totally different animal than soft link:

With hard link you have 1 or more filenames that associates with the same inode.
With soft link you have 1 or more filenames that associates with the
same filename.

With hard link it's harder (impossible?) to determine what the 'target'
is based on their file names because of ambiguity: one hardlink is no
different than another - they are all first class 'file names'.

Using the SHA1 of the content of the target file as the unique id into
its associated undo file might solve the problem.

If this is the solution that you had in mind when you said that it is
a relatively easy
fix then please ignore my ramblings above :)

nazri