On 25/05/10 22:37, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
[...]
The undo files are hidden, all version control systems I know will
ignore them.  E.g. swap files are normally not a problem.
[...]

For a counterexample, Mercurial tracks files regardless of an initial dot: .hgignore is specifically mentioned as tracked, and I've also seen it mentioning src/.version.c.swp when I did hg status with a file open in Vim.

Best regards,
Tony.
--
What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away.