On Thu, 27 May 2010, Ben Fritz wrote:

Is persistent undo a buffer-local option? It sounds like perhaps it should be, so that users can easily turn it on and off on a per-file basis.

I agree that this is an option that should be possible to set locally. Setting it with ":set" should default to global, but using ":setlocal" should work too.

Of course, I would say the same about 'backup', which is unfortunately a global option.

There are a few options that I wish were global by default but could also be set locally, such as 'clipboard' now that it accepts an "html" argument.

- Christian

--
Christian J. Robinson <hept...@gmail.com>