I am sorry to suggest to you the idea of improving toolbar.

I didn't think that it cause so many discussions.

In order to finish this thread, I just want to say :

1- I know emacs and opposed to its philosophy, in french I maybe be
call it "une usine à gaz" (~gas plant ~complicated thing that do
breakfeast, refueling and others things that we don't need).

2- I love gvim's powerfull features and I am using :exec any commands
since 8 years so I KNOW

3- I would say next generation instead of young people so I'am sorry
for my poor english... I think it is important to make next generation
to envy using gvim.

4- I am pretty sure that in the futur we will no have problem with
screen's size.... so it's not a problem of 48 or 32px icon's size (we
can add a parameter to satisfy this user preference)
=> I think the real problem is a technical one : how sliding this
toolbar if we want to add N icons (maybe 20 or 50) dynamically with
this configuration
amenu icon=myicon.bmp    ToolBar.SourceMyVimFiles :so $HOME/_vimrc<CR>

5-The target audience : I think I am not missing about the audience
but I think I add or enhance a new feature to those who
would like to attach their manual commands/vimscript that we are all
doing at least once but like Bram say in its video :
Gain time : do things one time as possible.

That's my philosophy : doing some manual tasks with :youtask and then,
when it is ok, attach it to an icon like or a mapped key.

I regret that suggesting a thing that I considered as a minimal
feature (not a "usine à gaz") in order to enhance gvim use,
I regret that it has induced so many conflicting opinions.

I just notice that women as Linda are not opposed to that but have a
positive criticism.

nb: excuse me for my poor english, I am a french user of gvim