On Jul 1, 3:35 pm, Marc Weber <marco-owe...@gmx.de> wrote:
> - another group of people tried rewriting Vim or changing it so that it
>   can be used as component. That project was given up.
> (I don't recall the names). If its really important to you I'll try to
> dig them up

i was interested in http://yzis.org if that's what you mean but like
many other projects it died.

> You should talk about the overall problem you're faced with. Maybe you
> get more hints then.

i prefer vim over anything (i ever used or still using) but it would
make my life easier if i could embed external app into vim.
specifically i would like to be able to render a widget with webkit
capabilities and communicate with that window/widget via python
plugin.
i would like to force that widget to behave like vim window so i could
move it like a normal window.
basically something like NERDTree but capable to render html5.

i could also do all this if i can embed vim into another app via
xembed.

any idea if something like this is possible or is planed for a future
vim release?
also, any other approach or ideas would be appreciated.

also, i understand that something like this would decrease vim
performance but i also expect that eventually vim should be able to
provide better integration with modern ui widgets for vim plugins.

Aljosa Mohorovic