> i was interested in http://yzis.org if that's what you mean but like
> many other projects it died.
Yes. That was the name.

> > You should talk about the overall problem you're faced with. Maybe you
> > get more hints then.
> i prefer vim over anything (i ever used or still using) but it would
> make my life easier if i could embed external app into vim.
> specifically i would like to be able to render a widget with webkit
> capabilities and communicate with that window/widget via python
> plugin.

I still don't understand? Do you want to replace text fields in HTML
documents by Vim ? That would be awesome!

Can you create a small pic illustrating how the result should look like?

Does this mean you could embed vim into html pages?
https://developer.mozilla.org/en/XEmbed_Extension_for_Mozilla_Plugins

> any idea if something like this is possible or is planed for a future
> vim release?
> also, any other approach or ideas would be appreciated.
Give more details about your idea then. Do you want to have a special
buffer which is kind of X display?
The other way should be easy: create a window and embed Vim and your
other X application.

> also, i understand that something like this would decrease vim
> performance but i also expect that eventually vim should be able to
> provide better integration with modern ui widgets for vim plugins.
Vim is a historically grown editor I love and hate it. I use it for
everything which counts more :)

Marc Weber