On Jul 1, 6:10 pm, Marc Weber <marco-owe...@gmx.de> wrote:
> I still don't understand? Do you want to replace text fields in HTML
> documents by Vim ? That would be awesome!

no, i just want to embed another application into vim window.
you can completely forget that i mentioned html5, if xembed (or some
similar technology) works in vim anything can be displayed.

> Give more details about your idea then. Do you want to have a special
> buffer which is kind of X display?

i think it's been discussed before but yes, i want a buffer/window/
anything inside vim that can render more advanced gui elements.
since gvim uses gtk is it possible to display other gtk elements
inside gvim window?

> The other way should be easy: create a window and embed Vim and your
> other X application.

could you point me to an existing example?

Aljosa