On Aug 6, 9:46 am, ron <r...@ronware.org> wrote:
> The GTK version shows the window being positioned and sized, etc,
> *before* the "GUIEnter" event happens.  This is distracting, as
> sessions etc can resize the window, color schemes can be set, and so
> on.  The "bouncing around" of the window looks odd, and also
> contributes (I think) to a slower startup than necessary.
>
> Is there a way to suppress all the visible drawing until after the
> GUIEnter has occurred?

:help GUIEnter:

GUIEnter                        After starting the GUI successfully, and after
                                opening the window.  It is triggered before
                                VimEnter when using gvim.  Can be used to
                                position the window from a .gvimrc file

I would certainly not consider the GUI sucessfully started until it
has been drawn at least once. I do not think what you ask can be done
without changing the meaning of GUIEnter.