Nazri Ramliy wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 12:04 PM, Nazri Ramliy <ayieh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 1:58 AM, Bram Moolenaar <b...@moolenaar.net> wrote:
> >>
> >> The full path names are not nice.  Not only for the test but also for
> >> interactive use.  I think we should replace the current directory with
> >> "./" when possible.
> >
> > Thanks for pointing this out.  Attached patch does the above, and test73
> > passes for both unix and msvc-vim with this patch.
> >
> > I'm having trouble running test73 with djgpp vim because somehow it
> > failed at creating the "Xfind" directory.
> >
> > I commented out the final ":qa!" in test73.vim, rerun the test and wait
> > until it stops at the end and issued
> >
> >    :!mkdir foo
> >
> > from inside the running djgpp-vim, which failed with error message:
> >
> >    shell returned -1
> >
> > Any idea why this could be?
> >
> > Also:
> >
> >    :pwd
> >    c:\src\vim\src
> >
> > I was expecting it to be "c:\src\vim\src\testdir".
>
> Another note: to make test73 works with djgpp-vim, I think we need
> to add has("dos16") || has("dos32") in the DeleteDirectory() function.

Yes, let's do that.  I don't notice, my system has a "rm" command.

> As for the failing ":!mkdir" command, I tracked this down to 'shell' being
> set to "cmd.exe" by dos.vim during the test.
>
> I did
>
>     :set shell=c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe
>     :!mkdir foo
>
> drops me into the cmd.exe shell (instead of creating the directory).
>
> I looked at mch_call_shell in os_msdos.c but I'm not sure how to fix
> this without breaking backward compatibility.

Note that testdir/dos.vim also sets a few other options, these also
matter.  But switching from command.com to cmd.exe should work without
changing these options.

The DJGPP version now almost passes test 73.  Remaining problem is that
it has the line "Holy Grail" twice at the beginning.  Hmm, it must be
caused by the Xfind directory not being cleaned up.

I tried a few commands, but nothing seems to work.  One of these two
should have done it:
        !rd /s /q Xfind
        !rmdir /s /q Xfind

Other commands do work, and it works from the console command line.
Somehow running from inside DJGPP breaks these commands, strange.
Doing it inside the makefile has the same problem.

--
Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool.