On Tue, 17 Aug 2010, Christian Brabandt wrote:

> Hi Bram!
>
> On Mo, 16 Aug 2010, Christian Brabandt wrote:
>
> > Anyway, I noticed another problem. I cannot edit my .vimrc from
> > within gvim. When writing it, gvim simply crashes.
>
> I found the problem. It can be reproduced on Windows using this
> commandline:
>
> gvim -u NONE -U NONE -N -c "echo strftime('%a %Y\-%m\-%d %R')"

I've got either another data point or just a more minimal example that
fails here under Win7:

gvim -u NONE -N -c "echo strftime('%R')"

I thought the weird quoting was key, based on your example, but it
appears the '%R' is all I needed.  '%T' also triggers it for me.

(And the -U NONE is unnecessary, because -u NONE disables gvimrc, too
[learned that on-list a short while back]).

gvim --version: (typing by hand -- can't copy-paste from Message boxes):
Vim 7.3e BETA
MS-Win 32-bit w/ OLE support
Compiled by b...@kibaale
Big version with GUI.

(Possibly of note is that it's 64-bit Windows.)
Haven't installed 7.3 proper yet.

--
Best,
Ben