On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 21:12, Bram Moolenaar <b...@moolenaar.net> wrote:

>> > You are using weird quotes from cp1252.  The spell checker works with
>> > latin1 quotes.  The equivalent of cp1252 0x92 is 0x2019 in Unicode.
>> > They are not the same, thus Vim says it's an error to use that.
>> > Please don't use cp1252, it's Windows-only stuff.
>>
>> I don’t use cp1252, nor do I use the (almost) equally horrible latin1
>> (ISO-8859-1).  I use Unicode, specifically U+2018, U+2019, U+201C, and
>> U+201D.
>
> Your message header had:

Not according to GMail (this is what it sent):

Sender: nikolai.weib...@gmail.com
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 12:40:55 +0100
Subject:
=?UTF-8?B?U3BlbGxpbmcgc3VwcG9ydCBkb2VzbuKAmXQgZGVhbCB3aXRoIOKAmOKAmeKAmSBjb3JyZQ==?=
        =?UTF-8?B?Y3RseQ==?=
From: Nikolai Weibull <n...@bitwi.se>
To: Vim Developers <vim_dev@googlegroups.com>

Perhaps Google Groups messed with the message along the way.

> Right, only latin1 quotes are supported.

OK, so let’s fix that.  How do we fix that?

Also, I don’t understand what you say latin1 quotes, as it would be a
lot clearer if you said ASCII quotes.  (Latin1 doesn’t add any
additional quotes.  That’s one of the main differences between latin1
and cp1252.)