Hi,

I've run into a few bugs in the Vim documentation, most in index.txt
because that is really the only place I've looked.

- :view does not mention that it exits Ex mode in index.txt
  - This is mentioned in editing.txt but not in index.txt
  - Can someone explain why this is? Shouldn't it be like ":edit" but
read-only?
- Old notation for some key codes is still used
  - e.g. in index.txt "<ESC>" is used instead of "<Esc>" in one place
  - It should be easy to grep through the documentation and replace
old usage with new one
- gQ is not mentioned at all in index.txt
- In index.txt the command "@" says "@{a-z}" but plenty of other
register names are valid and the main documentation of this command in
repeat.txt says "@{0-9a-z".=*}" which seems more correct.
- The columns in index.txt are not properly aligned. There are several
instances where one column contains data that is too long and it runs
into the next column. Making the columns wider would solve this issue.

Some issues which are more wishes then bugs:
- Some columns in index.txt are separated by a single space. This
makes it difficult to parse the column data since it is hard to say
where one column ends and one begins.
- It seems to me that things enclosed in {} are often regular
expression character class-like, except with {} instead of [].
|quote|        "{a-zA-Z0-9.%#:-"}
Changing {} to [] does result in a valid regular expression character
class in Vim's dialect, but it's not valid in some other
implementations since :-" is interpreted as a character range, which
is invalid. Moving the single dash which does not represent a range to
be the last character fixes the issue.
- Ex commands do not indicate arguments
  - It would be nice to know which commands expect arguments
(e.g. :s, :edit) and which don't (e.g. :quit)
- Ex commands do not indicate if they support ranges
  - It would be nice to know which commands can take ranges (e.g. :s)
and which don't (e.g. :edit)

The above changes would make it easier to parse the documentation
automatically and check whether a given command is valid without
having to actually enter it in Vim.

--
Stefan Parviainen