On Jan 2, 2:41 pm, Stefan Parviainen <pa...@iki.fi> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've run into a few bugs in the Vim documentation, most in index.txt
> because that is really the only place I've looked.
>
> - :view does not mention that it exits Ex mode in index.txt
>   - This is mentioned in editing.txt but not in index.txt
>   - Can someone explain why this is? Shouldn't it be like ":edit" but
> read-only?

:view should not be compared to :edit, it should be compared
to :visual (which I just learned also takes a file argument)

Additionally, |Ex mode| should be |Ex-mode| to make it a valid link
in :help :view

> - Ex commands do not indicate arguments
>   - It would be nice to know which commands expect arguments
> (e.g. :s, :edit) and which don't (e.g. :quit)
> - Ex commands do not indicate if they support ranges
>   - It would be nice to know which commands can take ranges (e.g. :s)
> and which don't (e.g. :edit)

This is true in index.txt however the command name is a link to the
main help topic for each command, which DOES indicate arguments, etc.
I would rather have index.txt stay really short and simple, for use as
an index, not as a command reference.