Hi Benjamin,

On Jul 4, 6:51 am, "Benjamin R. Haskell" <v...@benizi.com> wrote:
... snip
> I originally wrote this¹ up (on the web since email's the wrong place
> for HTML and images) in response to a post «Complex Scripts in
> Vim/gVim»², but figured it was appropriate here, since Devanāgarī is the
> topic again.  The summary is that you're probably not going to be happy
> with the way vim (g- or terminal) displays Devanāgarī at this point in
> time, especially if you really have to read/write it (instead of just
> viewing it as a sequence of characters for Unicode testing).

So, this is a known issue. Thank you for these detailed answers.

I wonder how nano is working, though - because even if the script
isn't rendered properly, at least its cursor-character/rendering seems
to track properly, whereas in vim I do not feel confident editing any
lines containing Devanāgarī.

Anyway, I've been using vim for 8 years now and this is the first bug
that's ever affected me, so I appreciate the wonderful work you all
do.

Cheers