On Friday, May 18, 2012 2:45:16 AM UTC-5, JohnBeckett wrote:
> Kazunobu Kuriyama wrote:
> > As a maintainer of a few runtime files, I have something to
> > make sure of: Are there any changes for the current
> > maintainers in what they observe--policy, obligations, or
> > something similar to those, to maintain the runtime files
> > they are in charge of?
>
> Nothing is definite, but I don't think so. What would be
> different (I think) is that a maintainer would send updates to
> someone or something other than Bram. The group maintainers
> would review the change and periodically notify Bram that
> updates were available. He would then incorporate them into the
> Vim distribution, presumably after his own review.

I think this could really depend on the maintainer.

We might ask each maintainer to indicate their desired level of involvement:

1. I want to maintain all changes to my file. Please don't touch it beyond what
I send you. I commit to be responsive enough for this to work.
2. I want to do all "big" changes and feature additions, but "small" changes
and bugfixes can be done by the team. I will maintain my files in a way that
changes will not be lost from the runtime repository.
3. I want to remain the official maintainer of the file, but the file belongs
to the Vim community. Do what you will with it, I'll submit changes like any
other contributor.
4. I do not wish to be the maintainer anymore. Please take it on as a group
effort or find someone else.