On 02-Jul-2013 09:41 +0200, Christian Brabandt wrote:

> On Tue, July 2, 2013 09:26, Ingo Karkat wrote:
>> Correct, this doesn't happen in GVIM, and also doesn't happen in the
>> Windows console version, only in a Linux terminal.
>
> What is your terminal, your $TERM variable and what does vim set the term
> option to?
>
> As I said, I don't see it neither on screen-256color nor on xterm-256color
> nor on linux (e.g. standard non-X11 terminal).

I'm observing the bug in gnome-terminal. My TERM is gnome-256color, but
I also see the bug with the following values: xterm-256color, xterm. Vim
reports the same values with :set term?

I DO NOT see the bug within screen (TERM=screen), or in an xterm (with
TERM=xterm).

In contrast to what Kazunobu Kuriyama reports, I see the bug not only on
first startup, but also repeatedly in the same terminal (but not in
xterm itself).

With the dependency to particular terminal settings, this seems to be a
tricky one...

-- regards, ingo