Am Dienstag, 20. Januar 2015 22:53:48 UTC+1 schrieb Christian Brabandt:
> Hi Tim!
>
> On So, 18 Jan 2015, Tim Lebedkov wrote:

> > > Right, for a patch like this, which requires trying it out on a few
> > > different Windows machines, it would be very helpful to get feedback.
> > >
> > > There have been other changes to the Windows installer, which might make
> > > it work better.  However, this kind of change can fail in 1 out of 100
> > > installations, especially on old PCs.  Thus I'm careful not to change
> > > too much.
> > >
> > > Perhaps changing the installer could be an item for Vim 7.5.  Since
> > > there are so many patches for 7.4 now.
> >
> > So you are actually saying that this patch may be applied some time in 2016
> > (and may be not). With this rate I will not be able to change 1000 lines of
> > code during the rest of my life. I hope, you understand that I cannot
> > accept this.
> >
> > What is your opinion about changing the development model? Should it be
> > changed or do you think that everything is OK?
>
> For a beginning, you could maintain a separate installer so that people
> can actually try that it works and you get feedback. Then you can also
> gradually change further things, if this is required.

I did, but everything I hear is that the changes will be merged maybe in 2016
(and maybe not).

What is your opinion as an active Vim developer? Are you OK with current state
of the development model or do you think it should be changed (for example to
be more like the Linux one)?

> BTW: What kind of 1000 lines code change you are talking about?

If my changes will be merged with speed of 20 lines every 2 years, it would
take 100 years to merge 1000 lines.