I am very excited that Github is being considered. It has become something of a
standard for open source software these days, for better or worse, it's what
most people are using which I think is good for Vim.

For those of you unfamiliar with Git, I HIGHLY recommend reading this free book:

http://git-scm.com/book/en/v2

It'll only take an afternoon to read and you can probably skip the sections on
Git on the Server if you'd like, but it should provide a very stable foundation
to understanding Git.

If a dumb front end javascript guy like me can figure it out, you guys should
have no problem.