On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 5:36 PM, Bram Moolenaar <b...@moolenaar.net> wrote:

> Since Google Code is going to be shut down we need a new place for the
> Vim repository.  Many users have given their opinion and github appears
> to be the preferred site.

Darn.

It would be nice if, when this gets finalized, the new repo trims out
ancient stuff like 7.0, 7.1, and 7.2.  There's no reason for everyone to
have to clone all that and carry it around on disk.  Yes, I know about
shallow clones, but they're pretty wonky, especially wrt making PRs from a
shallow clone to the main repo (not that Bram is going to look at them).

-Manny