> Hello!
>
> I'm wondering about how the patch(es) work -- is it a save&restore or is
> it a prevent-any-modification?  I'm in favor of save&restore;
> prevent-any-modification is certainly going to cause problems.

Hi!

The "lockjumps" patch (filename: "lkjcmd_patch.txt") does a
"prevent-any-modification to the jumplist". It works as the current keepjumps,
except 1) it's recursive 2) it doesn't lock marks. So it will only cause
problems with scripts which try to use the jumplist, e.g. by trying to run `exe
"normal \<c-o>"`. The lock is only for adding entries in the jumplist; the
jumplist is still updated in case of insertions/deletions. (However, this will
no longer be true if used in conjunction with lockmarks, obviously.)

The "keepjumps!" patch (filename: "lkjbang_patch.txt") does a
"save-and-restore". It acts on the same marks as the current "keepjumps"
implementation, plus the jumplist. It should not cause any problems to running
code, and keeps track of insertions/deletions in the backed-up list, so that
when it's restored everything should still make sense. Of course, saving and
restoring and keeping track of changes requires more internal work than just
locking up everything.

Carlo Baldassi