On Wed, Sep 02, 2015 at 04:52:40PM -0400, Georgiy Treyvus wrote:
> Perhaps you tried reproducing this with a different version of Vim or
> quite possibly I screwed something up on my end. Hopefully the attached
> screenshots will help illuminate what's going on or at least to confirm
> this bug. Is there perhaps other helpful diagnostic information I can
> provide?

Looks like your system ships with gzipped help files.  When you run
vimtutor, plugins aren't loaded.  The gzip plugin is what normally
handles uncompressing the help files, but since it isn't loaded Vim just
opens the compressed file and can't find the tag to jump to.

Cheers,
--
James
GPG Key: 4096R/331BA3DB 2011-12-05 James McCoy <james...@jamessan.com>