On Fr, 02 Okt 2015, Georgiy Treyvus wrote:

> Bram are you referring to this bug or the other one involving :helpgrep?
> I feel like I'm missing some context with regards to what's being
> discussed here. Perhaps if I better understood this context I could be
> of help testing that everything does indeed work as it should.

There are two questions that came up. First, does your helpgrep command
work? If so, I wonder how they did it, since apparently, the fedora
maintainer decided to compress the help files and the helpgrep command
is not prepared to handle that.

Second, your issue, which you originally reported. That the help command
did not work when running the tutor. I have provided a patch, that
should fix this issue. For testing, it should be sufficient, to just
change the vimtutor command and replace this line:

,----
| # Start vim without any .vimrc, set 'nocompatible'
| $VIM -f -u NONE -c "set nocp" $TUTORCOPY
`----

by this line:
# Start vim without any .vimrc, set 'nocompatible' and load the gzip Plugin
$VIM -f -u NONE -c "set nocp" -c 'ru plugin/gzip.vim' $TUTORCOPY

(so basically just add the -c parameter to the vim command)

Then run vimtutor and test the help command.

Best,
Christian
--
Ich beschäftige mich nicht mit dem, was getan worden ist. Mich
interessiert, was getan werden muß.