> Christian Brabandt wrote:
>
> > Am 2016-04-26 19:01, schrieb Bram Moolenaar:
> > > Patch 7.4.1789
> >
> > I think this patch broke the vim-win32-installer build
> >
> >   From test_channel.vim:
> > Found errors in Test_out_close_cb():
> > function RunTheTest[9]..Test_out_close_cb line 23: Expected 1 but got 2
> > function RunTheTest[9]..Test_out_close_cb line 24: Expected 2 but got 3
> > TEST FAILURE
> > NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'if' : return code '0x1'
> > Stop.
> > Command exited with code 1
> >

> https://ci.appveyor.com/project/chrisbra/vim-win32-installer/build/94/job/ah9t0xb7hkh14ous
>
> I noticed the travis build also failed with this error, but then passed
> later.  For me it always passes, thus it's hard to find out why it would
> sometimes fail.  It looks like the callback is invoked twice, but I
> don't know why/when that happens.  Any idea?

On OS X, the same error happens occasionally.

Since it didn't always happen, I had put it on probation and refrained from
accusing it of the failure. :)

Having done 'make test' five or six times with ch_logfile of
test_channel.vim enabled, I finally caught it.

Attached are the waring message of the failure (warning.txt) and
testdir/channellog when it happened.

Hopefully, this could be helpful for you.

Best regards,
Kazunobu Kuriyama

> --
> Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
>
>  /// Bram Moolenaar -- b...@moolenaar.net -- http://www.Moolenaar.net
>  \\\
> ///        sponsor Vim, vote for features -- http://www.Vim.org/sponsor/
> \\\
> \\\  an exciting new programming language -- http://www.Zimbu.org
> ///
>  \\\            help me help AIDS victims -- http://ICCF-Holland.org
> ///
>
> --
> --
>
> ---

From test_channel.vim:
Executing Test_call()
Executing Test_channel_handler()
Executing Test_close_callback()
Executing Test_close_handle()
Executing Test_close_partial()
Executing Test_communicate()
Executing Test_connect_waittime()
Executing Test_exit_callback()
Executing Test_job_start_invalid()
Executing Test_nl_err_to_out_pipe()
Executing Test_nl_pipe()
Executing Test_nl_read_file()
Executing Test_nl_write_both_file()
Executing Test_nl_write_err_file()
Executing Test_nl_write_out_file()
Executing Test_open_delay()
Executing Test_open_fail()
Executing Test_out_cb()
Executing Test_out_close_cb()
Executing Test_partial_in_channel_cycle()
Executing Test_pipe_both_to_buffer()
Executing Test_pipe_err_to_buffer_name()
Executing Test_pipe_err_to_buffer_nr()
Executing Test_pipe_from_buffer_name()
Executing Test_pipe_from_buffer_nr()
Executing Test_pipe_io_one_buffer()
Executing Test_pipe_io_two_buffers()
Executing Test_pipe_null()
Executing Test_pipe_to_buffer_json()
Executing Test_pipe_to_buffer_name()
Executing Test_pipe_to_buffer_nr()
Executing Test_pipe_to_nameless_buffer()
Executing Test_raw_one_time_callback()
Executing Test_raw_pipe()
Executing Test_read_in_close_cb()
Executing Test_reuse_channel()
Executing Test_server_crash()
Executing Test_two_channels()
Executing Test_unlet_handle()
Executing Test_using_freed_memory()
Executing Test_zero_reply()
Executed 41 tests
1 FAILED:
Found errors in Test_out_close_cb():
function RunTheTest[9]..Test_out_close_cb line 23: Expected 1 but got 2
function RunTheTest[9]..Test_out_close_cb line 24: Expected 2 but got 3

From test_channel.vim:
Found errors in Test_out_close_cb():
function RunTheTest[9]..Test_out_close_cb line 23: Expected 1 but got 2
function RunTheTest[9]..Test_out_close_cb line 24: Expected 2 but got 3

Test results:

From test_channel.vim:
Found errors in Test_out_close_cb():
function RunTheTest[9]..Test_out_close_cb line 23: Expected 1 but got 2
function RunTheTest[9]..Test_out_close_cb line 24: Expected 2 but got 3
TEST FAILURE
make[1]: *** [report] Error 1
make: *** [check] Error 2