On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 8:03 PM, Charles E Campbell
<drc...@campbellfamily.biz> wrote:
+>>     set langnoremap
>>   endif
>
> I had to look this one up as I've never had cause to use it.  Easily
> reversed, so I'm neutral on this one.
>>

>> Probably not:
>>
>>   " these two leave files behind
>>   set backup
>>   set undofile
>>
>>   " may conflict with a user mapping
>>   inoremap <C-U> <C-G>u<C-U>
>>
>>   " hard to revert
>>   if has('syntax') && has('eval')
>>     packadd matchit
>>   endif
>>
>> Comments?
>>
> Leaving files behind -- I have enough of a problem with macs and .dSYM
> directories getting into my tarballs; I use set directory to move swap
> files where I don't back them up, and I've not used undofiles.  These
> two are easily reversible, though.  I'm sure I wouldn't like the
> proposed ctrl-u map, although I know how to get rid of it so it wouldn't
> be a major problem.  I think it would be best to document any of these
> changes and include how-to-prevent/restore/obviate them.  Does the last
> item (with matchit) mean that matchit will become a package which must
> be packadd'd?
>
> Regards,
> Chip Campbell

Actually, matchit is already now a package which the current
vimrc_example.vim packadds. Easier to do than the former
jumping-through-hoops to get it from the "macros" directory where it
used to be distributed. The files in /macros/ are still there, though
the macros/matchit.vim now sources the appropriate matchit.vim script
in the packages directory. If you included a copy or a symlink of
macros/matchit.txt in the doc subdirectory of one of your
'runtimepath' folders, and also source whatever is at any time the
latest vimrc_example.vim, you'll notice that matchit.txt is now listed
twice among the "user additions" near the end of
$VIMRUNTIME/doc/help.txt when invoked from within Vim. Similarly, if
you included the matchit.vim plugin "the old way" and also source the
vimrc_example.vim, ":scriptnames" now also lists matchit twice but it
is a little harder to spot.

Best regards,
Tony.