On Mon, Apr 17, 2017 at 5:19 AM, Kazunobu Kuriyama <
kazunobu.kuriy...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is a followup to https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/vim_dev/
> 5RFo3q8xvfo where we talked about the feature list items relevant to Mac:
>
>   On macOS, what is known as clipboard in our community is called
> pasteboard.

This is false. In Mac-land, it is called the "clipboard", and has been thus
for at least 26 years.

If you go into "Mac Help" from the Help menu of the Finder on Sierra, and
search for "pasteboard", you get one result, and in the text of the body of
that result it is clear that "clipboard" is the real Mac term.  If you
search for "clipboard", you get several results, including some that don't
contain "clipboard" but are about copying and pasting.  If in Preview.app
you Cmd-C a region of a photo, the Edit menu gives you the option "New from
clipboard".  Etc., etc., etc.

In the Apple *developer* docs, what is known in user-land as "the
clipboard" is sometimes called the "pasteboard".  But to be intelligible to
Mac *users*, Vim should call it what *users* call it.  It is called the
"clipboard".

-Manny