Jason Franklin wrote:

> Thank you so much for taking the time to work with me on this.
>
> Unfortunately, I still can't get the colors to match on the latest build
> (patch 8.1.1330).  I should note that the color scheme is much closer than
> it was before, but it looks like some of the colors are being modified when
> displayed in the Vim terminal window.  The latest colors script still does
> not match in both cases.
>
> I have attached an updated version of the output of "colors" in both GNOME
> Terminal and in the Vim terminal window (vim at latest build).
>
> The point of interest is this:  The color for yellow and for white is
> darker in the Vim terminal window.  You can see this when positioning the
> screenshots side by side.  I have noticed that other color schemes also
> show this same result (i.e., darker colors in Vim terminal).  I will
> provide screenshots upon request.  I don't know what might cause this... I
> did a git blame on the latest terminal.c file and I can't see anything with
> colors that seems odd.
>
> It may be that all of the colors here are slightly darker in the vim
> terminal window.  It's so slight that it may be hard to tell.  Again, a
> side-by-side comparison is the only way to really see this.
>
> I also want to note that showing bold text in bright colors has been
> disabled in GNOME Terminal.

I cannot reproduce this in xterm.  I see no reason why you see a
difference.

--
DENNIS: Oh, very nice. King, eh!  I expect you've got a palace and fine
        clothes and courtiers and plenty of food.  And how d'you get that?  By

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_dev/201905141557.x4EFvf7B015739%40masaka.moolenaar.net.