On Sat,08.Nov.08, 22:17:42, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

> > and now I have a working spellfile (before that it was using only the
> > .aff file to build the .spl). Could you please replace the file on
> > ftp.vim.org with one built from the wordlist indicated by me? The old
> > file is plain useless (actually it could be doing more harm then good).
>
> To be able to allow everybody to reproduce the .spl file we need to
> write a .aap file that does the work.  It basically does all the work
> that you would do manually.  In this case it would also do the
> conversion from utf-8 to iso-8859-2 to make a spell file in that
> encoding.

No, please don't. The new diacritics (șțȘȚ) can not be represented in
ISO-8859-2, they need UTF-8. Only the -cedilla wordlist uses them, but
we (as in the Romanian FLOSS community) are trying to switch to the new
diacritics.

Even MS (responsible for creating the old/wrong diacritics (şŞţŢ)) is
using the correct ones in Vista and there is an update available for XP.

> Do you think you can write this .aap file?  You can use the
> files of other languages as an example.  If not then I can put it on my
> todo list (which probably means it will take a couple of months before I
> get to it).

I'll see what I can do about it, but no promises. Better do put it on
your TODO list, just in case I'm too busy. The spare time I have now I
tend to use for translation work for the Debian Lenny release, which
should happen Real Soon Now (tm).

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)