On 10/11/08 09:26, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
> Tony Mechelynck wrote:
>
>> On 09/11/08 11:24, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
>> [...]
>>> Fixing bugs currently has priority.  I also still have a note to update
>>> the Dutch spell file, I think already for half a year...
>>>
>> Shall I do it? (Which tools are required, beside Vim?) Het Nederlands is
>> mijn moedertaal niet, maar ik bezit goede, niet te verouderde ;-) één-
>> en tweetalige woordenboeken.
>
> Well, I started with the open office list, merged with a list I scraped
> of a website and then had it filtered against an official list.  This is
> too much work, we probably need to drop this and go back to the
> OpenOffice.org list.  You could try downloading that one and check that
> it works well.

Ah, you mean spelling dictionaries, I thought you meant message/menu
translations. Sorry. I still did some detective work, though; here are
the results:

I followed the OOo link at ":help Mkspell" and found there several
dictionary archives. The format has changed between OOo versions 2 and
3. AFAICT, the version 3 dictionaries are distributed as OOo
"extensions" which don't seem compatible with Vim.

For version 2 (with MySpell) 3 Dutch archives are listed, apparently all
dated 2007. The fullest one is
http://ftp.services.openoffice.org/pub/OpenOffice.org/contrib/dictionaries/nl_NL-pack.zip

which includes the other two (nl_NL .dic and .aff and hyph_nl_NL.dic),
plus a "medical" dictionary, nl_MED .dic and .aff. (README license texts
are also included, see below.) Personally I don't use spell checking,
and in addition I don't write much in Dutch. Maybe someone (or some
people) using Dutch spell checking more than I do could test those
spelling dictionaries? The structure of the file at the above-mentioned
URL is as follows:

   nl_NL-pack.zip
     hyph.txt
     hyph_nl_NL.zip
       hyph_nl_NL.dic
       README_hyph_nl_NL.txt
     nl_MED.zip
       nl_MED.dic
       nl_MED.aff
       README_nl_MED.txt
     nl_NL.zip
       nl_NL.dic
       nl_NL.aff
       README_nl_NL.txt
     README_nl_NL.txt
     spell.txt

...so there will be two levels of unzipping. The README files (at least
those that I checked) are in both Dutch and English. Goed geluk!

Best regards,
Tony.
--
Real Users never use the Help key.