Yes, I agree with all.

I always liked to use a dark background. Even before I meet Vim (UltraEdit32,
old times). And I tested a lot of fonts trying to find a better looking,
readable and easy on the eyes. This is the list of fonts I already tested.

Courier New
Lucida Console
Kourier
Anonymous True Type.
CodingFontTobi1
Dina
MiscFixed
Opti
OptiSmall
ProggyClean
ProggySmall
Sheldon
Sheldon Narrow
Speedy
Bitstream Vera
Monaco
MonteCarlo
xTerm
Terminus True Type
Consolas
Terminus port for Windows (raster set of fonts)

As I was said, I like a dark background so, along the years I found that a True
Type font, at last in GVim for Windows, is better on light backgrounds. That is
because in dark backgrounds the colors becomes cloudy. After all that list of
fonts tested I think that the better True Type font at this time is
Consolas, at
point 8, in my 1024x768 LCD screen. It is not too small that you cannot see
things clearly and is not to big shown to me, more or less, 47 lines of code in
a maximized GVim window.

In dark background I am current using a variation of Terminus port for Windows
that I made my self. In my variation I changed only '{}' and '()' characters to
improve readability at point 9 (actually 12px high). It is very readable at
this size and does not tires your eyes after hours and hours coding.

Marry Christmas
Alessandro Antonello

--
Alessandro Antonello