Mr. Shawn H. Corey escribió:
> On Sun, 2009-01-25 at 02:00 +0100, Jesus Sanchez wrote:
>
>> o Colors are better identified with black backgrounds when the
>>   differences are few.
>>

> Colours are better identified if they are surround by other colours.
> Human have colour invariance.  This means colours are adjusted so an
> item that is partly in the sun and partly in shade will look like it has
> the same colour throughout.  It also makes it hard to see true colour.
> For example, the colour of black on a LCD monitor is actually a dark
> grey.  The only way you can see this is have it powered on but with
> every pixel as black.  If a small patch is not black, then the illusion
> kicks in and the rest of the screen looks black.
>
> What colours you see depend on what colour the object is, the lighting,
> and what are the colours of nearby objects.

yeah, very precise information but I think I didn't explained myself
right in that point.

When I said colors are better identified with black backgrounds I was
trying to say that if you put a black square, inside that scuare you put
two lines of 1 pixel width. One line is a pure red and other line is a
little modification of pure red (for example #ee0011) it's easier to see
the difference than if the background were white.

Anyway you explained very well something I didn't knew.

-Jesus