On Jan 21, 3:09 am, Tony Mechelynck <antoine.mechely...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Are you sure the file is actually in ISO-8859-7? If it is,
>
>         :e ++enc=iso-8859-7 filename.ext
>
> should display it correctly.

I 'm pretty sure it 's in ISO-8859-7, in addition to this, setting
fenc to UTF-8 seems to work and everything I type it appears correctly
when reading the file. But I use vim as an e-mail editor, so I would
want the above to be automated instead of typing the above every time
such an e-mail arrives (if I remember it then). Is there any
workaround to have the above done automatically?

Thanks
D.