2009/4/9 John Beckett <johnb.beck...@gmail.com>:
> Give us some help! What is this file? Is it distributed with Vim?
> Is there any origin or version or date info in the first few lines
> of the file?

Yes, well, on the html.vim syntax file there is this:

" Vim syntax file
" Language:     HTML
" Maintainer:   Claudio Fleiner <clau...@fleiner.com>
" Last Change:  2006 Jun 19

I'm using a compiled version of Vim 7.2.

> Often, 10-second delays are due to something attempting to access
> data over a network.

I often work on remote files via netrw, but it is pretty fast. I mean,
since I renamed that html syntax file I can open every file (php,
html, css) on the server in just a second.

Anyway, without that syntax file I get this error:

E108: No such variable: "b:current_syntax"