From: rfulb...@hotmail.com
To: vim_use@googlegroups.com
Subject: Vim 7.2 on Solaris 10 Sparc
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 12:54:42 -0400

I just installed (via pkgadd) Vim 7.2 on Solaris 10 Sparc after installing all
the prerequisites (glib, gtk+, ncurses, libgcc, libiconv, libintl). All the
installs
completed successfully. When I run gvim I get the following error messages:

   Gdk-ERROR **: BadAccess (attempt to access private resources denied)
     serial 1711 error code 10 request_code 102 minor_code 0
   Gdk-ERROR **: BadAccess (attempt to access private resources denied)
     serial 1714 error code 10 request_code 102 minor_code 0

I have checked the permissions on all the paths under /usr/local where Vim was
installed, and they are all OK (0755). The messages do not say _what_ private
resources are denied. Any ideas on what may be causing this?

Thanks,
Roy Fulbright

Update: After much digging, I found the solution to my problem. Since I am
accessing the Solaris 10 machine via ssh (secure shell), the -Y option is
needed on the ssh command to enable trusted X11 forwarding. The command is: ssh
-Y -l userid 123.456.789.012

Now I don't pretend to know what trusted X11 forwarding is all about, but I do
know that it fixes the problem I was having.  :-)

http://windowslive.com/online/skydrive?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_skydrive_042009