On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 4:12 AM, Roy Fulbright wrote:

> I just installed (via pkgadd) Vim 7.2 on Solaris 10 Sparc after installing
> all
> the prerequisites (glib, gtk+, ncurses, libgcc, libiconv, libintl). All the
> installs
> completed successfully. When I run gvim I get the following error messages:
>
>    Gdk-ERROR **: BadAccess (attempt to access private resources denied)
>      serial 1711 error code 10 request_code 102 minor_code 0
>    Gdk-ERROR **: BadAccess (attempt to access private resources denied)
>      serial 1714 error code 10 request_code 102 minor_code 0
>
> I have checked the permissions on all the paths under /usr/local where Vim
> was
> installed, and they are all OK (0755). The messages do not say _what_
> private
> resources are denied. Any ideas on what may be causing this?
>
> Update: After much digging, I found the solution to my problem. Since I am
> accessing the Solaris 10 machine via ssh (secure shell), the -Y option is
> needed on the ssh command to enable trusted X11 forwarding. The command is:
> ssh -Y -l userid 123.456.789.012
>
> Now I don't pretend to know what trusted X11 forwarding is all about, but I
> do know that it fixes the problem I was having.  :-)

The general rule of thumb is not to bother using X forwarding at all
unless you can use trusted forwarding; it's not likely to work.  This
is explained pretty well in three of the 5 top hits for "trusted x11
forwarding" on google (reordered from the more general why it doesn't
usually work to the more specific why -X sometimes works (because it
uses trusted X forwarding anyway)).

www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2008-11/msg00154.html

http://connectivity.hummingbird.com/support/nc/exceed/exc5004841.html

http://tinyurl.com/c8hfvg