On Sat, Aug 08, 2009 at 11:53:00PM -0700, caruso_g wrote:

> Hi,
> I am trying to install some plugins into MacVim, I created the folder
> ~/.vim and I put the plugin into it.
> But they do not load.

Did you quit MacVim and restart it? That's necessary if you have
enabled the quickstart option so the new files are picked up.

> More, I also saw that plugins have the same folders structures, so I
> guessed I had just to copy their content into the same folder in
> the .vim folder but I got a "tags" file that was just duplicated into
> two different plugins, had I to join their contents?

Was it doc/tags? You don't need to copy this file. Just run
:helptags ~/.vim/doc after installing new plugins with
documentation then it's automatically updated.

> Thanks to everyone that can help me, it seems really difficult to
> install plugins in Vim even if all devs just say "unpack it into
> your .vim folder" it seems not working for me.

That's normally how it works. Most scripts also describe how they
can be installed.

Simon
--
+ privacy is necessary