2009/9/15 François Ingelrest <francois.ingelr...@gmail.com>:

> On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 10:28, Linda W wrote:
>> The RFC started in plain text because that was all that was available.

> I honestly don't see where all this discussion is going.
>
> Who cares about which document is written in which format? This is a
> mailing list, a place where a community lives. To live together, we
> need rules. One of them is "use plain text", because not everyone
> can/wants to see something else. Period.

Ditto.

Although I am not one of them, I guess there are still some people
using a text-only MUA. HTML messages are irritating for them.

(I know and understand the merits of well-formatted HTML messages,
which can convey information absent in the text, like the language.
However, text messages can achieve most purposes, and serve well as a
common denominator.)

Linda, I sympathize with your opinions, but I think it is better not
to post repeatedly on a topic that can easily rouse annoyances and
flames.  And you were top-posting too.

Best regards,

Yongwei

--